Friday, December 21, 2012

Let's Join the Lolita Blog Carnival! (Episode 4- Underrated Colors In Lolita)

Dear Holly Jolly Christmas Elves,

I wasn't sure if I would do this topic or not. I just didn't think I had much to say. Then I thought of something, it's not much though. This will be a pretty short post. I couldn't post much lately because I've been back in Indiana for Christmas and now all of my clothes are in Texas. Hopefully I can do a bunch of my new post ideas once I get back! (Assuming we live past tomorrow. I don't know if it's related, but the weather here suddenly became horrible.) ((This is for the Lolita Blog Carnival have a look!)

*Neon/Dark Colors In Sweet Lolita

I have wanted to make a fairy-kei article on neon colors in fairy-kei for a while. It's a similar idea to neon colors in Sweet Lolita. Sweet Lolita usually is based on lighter colors and pastels and I love that, but adding a little pop of color can be good for the outfit, in my opinion. It can add some color diversity and really stand out. I won't say too much on this, I plan to make an in-depth article eventually on neon colors in fairy kei that will say mostly the same things.

This is a picture of an outfit I wore for a previous post that demonstrates neon colors in Sweet Lolita, in this case it was Fairy-Loli. 

*Black In Sweet Lolita

Of course whole sweet outfits can be black and it's beautiful and eye catching. Though, many Sweet Lolitas like sweet because of it's pastel color scheme. If you don't want a black Sweet Lolita outfit, black accessories or a black blouse, cardigan, tights, ribbons, or bows. The black can be used to tone down a loud print, or to make a sweet outfit a bit more dressy. 

I wore close to this exact outfit to prom, I just didn't have many clear prom pictures to demonstrate the benefits of the edition of the black cardigan. 

I really wish I had more examples, but I'm very busy lately. I just had two appointments today and I have another tomorrow. My mouth numbness is just wearing off and hopefully within a week my pink glasses will come back with prescription lenses! 

Tomorrow hopefully I can finally go last minute Christmas shopping! Happy Holidays! Merry Christmas!!! I hope you all survive the apocalypse!!! 


Other super blogs who also joined in on the fun!


Jolly..ly Yours, 

Skiteanna La~Sweet





2 comments:

  1. I look forward to hearing more details on your thoughts on neon colors in Sweet. I am not a Sweet lolita by any means, but I love neon colors in my everyday wear, so I would consider dipping to the Sweet side if those colors were available, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the neon pink shirt with the baby pink JSK looks adorable! It definitely gives a Fairy Kei vibe to the outfit!

    ReplyDelete